Sabotage

If you're feeling a little blind,
well, so am I.
Not that sabotage feels wrong
when you're the one who made the bomb.
It's a sort of stark surrealism:
a view that could rival an eagle's,
with a troubling lack of vision.

I'm sorry to say I'm not as self-assured
as I pretend or as you might've heard.
You're a sort of soft sabotage,
keeping quiet in the crowd,
but showing me like it's a badge.
I'd break the laws to make you proud,
but God knows we're not allowed.

If you're feeling like a bomb,
well, hold on.
I'll cut the wires and stop the song
so we won't sing of sabotage.
It's a sort of saintly sin
to see this far through all the din,
and dirt, and death of half-desired dreams...
isn't it better than facing your fears?
Isn't it? Tell the truth,
because all I fear is you.



~09/2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Symmetrica